In addition to providing quality plumbing service in Alpharetta, Georgia, and the surrounding areas, RooterPlus also wants to help its customers conserve water and have a greener household.
Protecting our environment is an extremely important goal, and there are plenty of small changes you can make within your home to be green: plumbing style!
Going Green with RooterPlus
• Fix those leaky faucets! Just one leaking faucet in your house can lead to 3,000 gallons of wasted water per year. Call for plumbing services and have those leaking faucets repaired.
• Use biodegradable detergents and soaps, and stay away from cleansers with microbeads. Also, try and limit the number of detergents and bleaches you use when washing your clothes in the washing machine.
• Replace your old shower head for one that is proven to conserve water. You can save gallons of water by simply upgrading your shower head.
• Be careful when watering the lawn. Don’t leave your sprinkler system on all day, and make sure that you are getting the optimal amount of water in the grass by not having the system spraying on walkways and driveways.
• Lower the water pressure in your home. There is no need to have the water pressure above 60 pounds per square inch.
• Pay attention to your water meter. Regular checks on your water meter can help you catch an unseen leak quicker, thus preventing the wasting of water.
• Fix a toilet that runs constantly. It is simple to install a new toilet flapper, but if you want to make an impact, install a newer toilet that uses less water altogether.
• Limit shower time. If you have a habit of taking excessively long showers, try and limit the amount of time spent basking in the warmth of the spray. You can save gallons of water per day by cutting down on shower times.
• Use a high-efficiency washer. If you can afford to upgrade to a h igh-efficiency washer it will cut down on the amount of water that used per load.
• Only run the dishwasher when full. Try to avoid running a half-empty dishwasher to save water and energy.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways your household can go green with just very simple changes, most won’t even affect your lifestyle very much at all. Remember to call RooterPlus for plumbing services in Alpharetta, Georgia area, and we can help you on your way to becoming a green household: plumbing style!