Sewer repairs are necessary to avoid the scenario of putting the community’s health in jeopardy. Sewer leaks have the potential risk of bringing waste to your compound. Waste can also find its way to your house if the problem is not attended to urgently.
Traditionally, sewers were repaired through digging, repairing the broken pipes, and refilling the dugout part with soil. Sewer repairs Downers Grove has gone a notch higher as modern methods come into play. Here is a more systematic approach to repairing a broken sewer.
* The moment plumbers are called in to fix broken sewers, the first step involves examining the entire plumbing network. Signs that a line is broken include an overflowing toilet, fresh patches of green on the lawns and mildew or gassy odors. The plumber checks whether large appliances are draining water properly.
* After confirming that indeed sewer repairs are necessary, the team makes an assessment of the location. The type of damaged pipe has to be established. These pipes are made of different materials such as clay, iron, or PVC. Every material has its own properties. That is why it needs to be known beforehand so that the plumbers know how to approach the repair work.
* Area regulations are another factor sewer repairs Downers Grove repair crews have to take care of. The town’s authorities are supposed to be consulted in order for them to release a permit. This gives repair crews the go-ahead to dig trenches. In most cases, the responsibility lies with the homeowner. Sewer repair companies that have been in the business for a while can be of assistance in acquiring permits.
* With all modalities taken care of, the process of sewer repairs can now commence. The area where a leak was detected is dug up. Sewerage engineers start by digging away from the problematic area. To avoid puncturing other sections of the sewer lines, the trench is made wider. It can also be dug parallel to the main line. If it is a public sewer line, the town council can assist with drawings. This guides the digging process as the depth of the pipe will be known.
* All appliances that dump waste through the pipe under repair should be shut down. The damaged pieces should be removed up to the point the pipe remains whole. The engineers should note the direction of the female and male ends of the pipe.
* The ends where the repair pipe is to be installed should be cleaned up including removal of dust particles. The male and female ends are smeared with the bonding compound before they are fitted together. Sewer repairs are completed by allowing the section to dry.